Head Over Heels [Vinyl]

Head Over Heels [Vinyl]

When I first heard this album I was 19 years old working as an import buyer for Tower records in Portland, Oregon, I am now 39. And after 20 years there still hasn't been a record like it. The year this album came out Michael Jackson's Thriller album was on it's way to becoming the greatest selling album of all time. My main contact at an import distributor company told me of a new album called "Head Over Heels", by a group called Cocteau Twins that was getting rave reviews in Europe. For me personally I was sick to death of the music that was popular at the time and I decided to buy two copies, one for the store and one for me. When I took it home and listened to it I knew I was listening to a kind of music that had never been made before. After doing research, I discovered that this was actually their third recording, after "Garlands", and "Sunburst and Snowblind" and bought copies for me and the store of these records as well, and after this I became their biggest fan. I also found out that it was two 20 year old people, named Elizabeth Fraser and Robin Guthrie responsible for all that you hear. Ladies and Gentlemen, this record is a masterpiece. "Head Over Heels" is tied with "Victorialand" as my favorite Cocteau Twins record, but it is my favorite album of all time. From the incredible opening of "When Mama Was Moth", to the orgasmic ending of "Musette and Drums", this album is the best album ever made, in my opinion. Let me review my five favorite songs off of "Head Over Heels". 1)"Musette and Drums". It was after hearing this song for the first time, that I became their greatest fan. It was and still is my favorite song of all time. The last two minutes of this song is the greatest piece of music ever recorded. And understand that everything you are listening to is made by two people. This song is incredible. And after it is over, play it again. 2)"My Love Paramour". The sexiest, and most erotic song they have ever done. Pure genius. 3)"In Our Angelhood". Pure Rock and Roll, Cocteau Twins style. 4)"In The Gold Dust Rush". Angelic and beautiful. There is a part of this song that sounds likes an airplane is about to crash, it is actually the music spinning. Listen to it loud, and you will hear what I mean. Incredible production. 5)"The Tinderbox(of a Heart)". This song makes me feel like I am out looking at the ocean watching the tide roll in. I have this album to thank to having an open mind to listening to music. I learned to have patience and tolerance of all kinds of things because of this record. I rate this album the greatest along with the group that created it. 

Tracklist :
1. When Mama Was Moth    
2. Five Ten Fiftyfold    
3. Sugar Hiccup    
4. In Our Angelhood    
5. Glass Candle Grenades    
6. In the Gold Dust Rush    
7. The Tinderbox (Of a Heart)    
8. Multifoiled    
9. My Love Paramour    
10. Musette and Drums