Art at the Speed of Life: Motivation and Inspiration for Making Mixed-Media Art Every Day

Art at the Speed of Life: Motivation and Inspiration for Making Mixed-Media Art Every Day


Having taken several of Pam's online classes, I was excited to see her techniques and inspirational color palette memorialized in print. Art at the Speed of Life concentrates on providing artists with a road map to incorporating art into their every day lives with helpful instructions on creating art in a more efficient manner. Interspersed throughout the book are chapters from some of my other favorite mixed-media artists and they share how to incorporate and manage an artful life in our normal routines as well. Of course it wouldn't be the perfect Mixed-Media book if it didn't also include methods on building backgrounds, adding focal points, and interesting imagery. I'm excited to try many of the techniques, such as toilette papier-mache and beeswax collage (encaustics). Instructions are clearly written and supporting photographs and sketches are meaningful and helpful. Just looking at the contents page, I have counted 22 projects/techniques and I can't wait to sit down and try them all. For me it always comes back to one question, would I buy this book again 5 years from now? For Pam's new book, the answer would definitely be YES!