Grenade

Grenade

Bruno Mars "doo-wops and hooligans" has two good songs - "Grenade" and "Just the way you are." Bruno Mars reminds of New Kids on the Block, Justin Timberlake, The Spice Girls and even tints of Michael Jackson and Bob Marley. I like the fact that Bruno Mars is from Hawaii. It gives some kind of authenticity to his sub-tropical music. Bruno Mars seems to be a very young man. I find this lyrics to be almost child-like. Maybe if he was a little bit older I could take them seriously but I think Bruno Mars is just a little too sweet and a little too much of an ideal romantic (like in the song Grenade). I also think in a way he is like Emily Carr. Who was a good artist but it took close to a lifetime before she developed her own style. I think Bruno Mars still needs to develop his own unique style.